Tuesday 23 April 2019

Easter visit

Saturday/Sunday last

We've had another rainfall. Indoor play was the best idea. Crazy 8's were played. Jos was picked up from a sleepover, and brought her blanket and pillow. The heat was on, honest!


We decided to watch the CBC The Nature of Things - The Great Butterfly Hunt, which I had taped for us. It is a documentary about how our Canadian, Dr. Fred Urquhart (1911 - 2002), and his wife, Norah Roden Urquhart, figured out where Monarch butterflies went in the winter. He'd researched it for 40 years. It's a great documentary, which shows the difficulties of filming the show as well. I'm writing up a bit of a precis for posting a bit later. It's a fascinating story. The fun part is that Josee and Izzy helped me tag butterflies during one of our Gramma Camps.

There was reading, snuggled under the poncho. Hooper was let in and out several times, and well-fed.


Last visit I asked where Izzy's favourite comfort toy was, BeBe. Two visits ago, she forgot her here T our house, and I mailed her to Isabelle! Apparently, last visit, she didn't bring her. She told me that she gave BeBe up for Lent! It was her own idea. But BeBe is back!



After the meatloaf, everyone relaxed in the TV room. Hooper snuggled upside down. Caitlin took my photo.


My orchid cactus is blooming, Isabelle liked it! She showed me several buds about to bloom.


I showed them my updated terrarium. I added some colourful fish tank gravel.

The Easter wreath. It still has its price tag, which is colourful.

They are voracious readers! Hooper snuggled.


Prior to dinner, the carrot cake was decorated. Each girl did one half.

Meatloaf and baby potatoes, cooked around the meat. The meatloaf had chicken, turkey, beef and pork.  JL served.


Sunday morning, the first crocus!

Josee rang the bell prior to departure.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

What a crazy pic of you and Hooper. He seems to be upside down on your chest.

Christine said...

Such a lovely Easter with your beautiful grands.

Jenn Jilks said...

He certainly is, AC! That's my happy boy!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you enjoyed the weekend. How cats sleep in such weird positions is beyond me.