Sunday 6 September 2009

Colour my world

Green for spring and red for the fall...
These two heron have been patrolling the lake shore.

the colours they are achanging. Just wee bursts, foreshadowing what is to come.
leaves

Cherry tomatoes from my garden, on a bed of cheese and a triscuit.
The only edible fruit my garden yielded this year! Another luscious red.

tomatoes

A flicker landed on a tree, bright spot of red amongst the brown tree trunk and the turquiose lichen.


A leaf landed on the deck. The dryness of the past week has caused their wardrobe malfunction.


I embrace the changes, which make you appreciate the present even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little flashes of red there...gosh, trees turning already!!!

Judy said...

I am refusing to see the red leaves yet! If I do not see them, they are not there.
I have been trying to photograph the redwing blackbirds massing in the marsh near here, and I am about ready to post the best of the results, though. And the geese will be migrating soon, and will overnight in the catchment basin.