Wednesday 12 August 2009

Watery Wednesday #48

watery wednesday
Ontario has been hard hit by thunderstorms, much like the rest of the continent. The early morning fog makes a pretty early greeting.

Southern Ontario Severe Storms Page

For more professional videos see the link above, for my amateur videos see mine below. The link has incredible photos of lightning, I really have to figure out how to do that!

News has not been good:
"Power restored to Ontario residents following storm"

Power was restored to thousands of Toronto residents after an intense storm swept across the city Sunday night.
The news was not good and it is a significant story across the board with Climate Change.

Lightning suspected in death of woman near Sarnia

The Canadian Press, Mon Aug. 10 2009 7:00:38 PM . SARNIA, Ont. — Severe weather that rolled across southern Ontario on Sunday may have contributed to the death of a 49-year-old woman.
CBC.ca has featured a video gallery of submitted weather photos.

After 15,000+ photos, I am still mastering the finer points of moon shots, lightning, macrophotography and videography. They recommend that those of us over 50 do such to keep our brains in gear. And I agree. We cannot prevent dementia, and other neurological disorders. (Just like we can't toilet train our kids before they are ready, or teach them to read before they crawl. But that is another blog topic!)


We are fortunate to have escaped the biggest punch the storm delivered, but there was much rain. I remember talking to my poor father, while a hurricane passed over. He was in Long-Term Care and suffering from dementia from a brain tumour. He just could not understand why his TV wasn't working. "The candle in the oven is out!" he told me on the phone. But that, too, is another story. (Dying With Dignity)

Watch the rain stream down like ribbons.


After a date with Mr. Insomniac, or having to let the cat in or out before dawn (I forget which!) I decided to try out my new tripod.

I spliced it and cut it into a shorter clip, so as not to bore us all!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Wow! Pretty intense weather you're having. Great shots and videos you got here. Thanks for sharing. Our California skies are just plain blue these days...

SandyCarlson said...

Mother Nature is no softie! She sure delivers the goods. I like your photos very much.