Sunday, 27 September 2026

Through Westport Part 3

 Off to Narrows Lock Part 1 

 From Newboro to Westport Part 2

We climbed the hill from Westport, with lots of rocks. It is a new road, thankfully. Winter conditions loom.



I decided we'd go along Grady Rd., past Foley Mountain park, onto back roads. 



These rocks remind me of Muskoka. 


The wetlands, ponds and the changing leaves were beautiful.







My goal was to see some birds, I finally found some swans. Not quite in focus, but proof of life. 


This home nestled onto the private lake.

A heron flew by.


On another trip:

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

Oh my, look at those views! And the birds are fantastic. You are ahead of us color-wise; we won't see much till next month. And with that perfect blue sky and water -- fantastic.

tz_garden said...

A beautiful drive, and the weather cooperated!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Catching up... you've had a wonderful outing! Also noted the missed fish... I wonder - have you had any instances of the goldfish breeding? YAM xx

The Furry Gnome said...

I always enjoy just 'going for a drive'

Anvilcloud said...

Circuit completed. ✔️

RedPat said...

There are hints of autumn in your pics.

Mary Kirkland said...

I like swans too. Such a nice place to visit.

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad you stopped for photos...and just look at those beautiful leaves!

Jenn Jilks said...

We have YAM! They all died, or were eaten in the fish tank!