I had a haircut! It was shaggy. The salons have been so busy, but I snagged a cancellation. That reminds me, I must scrape the bugs off of the windshield. (🚙 Non-mental note!)
Before and after.
I left Carleton Place around 3, feeling refreshed! The driving to and fro was crazy. It was a long weekend, but I wanted to get there. Drivers these days are late for important things, apparently. I hung on, checked around me, kept my head on a swivel. Nearly home, this nutbar, way too arrogant.
I wonder if his insurance company knows how he rides?
There was wine in the fridge, pouring some, I put my feet up on the back deck. My stomach has been bothering me for a couple of weeks. Stress, maybe. Things have been so unsettled.
It was a lovely day. I unwound on the back deck watching MiniFred and Cinnamon. They were watching something in the forest. They have an understanding the carnivore and the herbivore. Auntie Fred has been out, as well. With the cold mornings they are sleeping in. Soon they just won't wake up, and will go into hibernation.
Watching Cinnamon get up here was a hoot. He's not a skinny cat.
We watched the vultures soar. Soon they will migrate. Just a flick of those long feathers, and they float in the sky.
A nice nap.
I bought Joe Brian a new t-shirt. Canadian company, of course. He wore it to the market and got a lot of compliments. I listened to an interesting podcast that explains how trade talks fell apart. Front Burner is a good show. It was a night of sleeplessness, and I listened to it twice, it was that interesting. Basically the orange felon doesn't want to have free trade deals, he want to run us into the ground.
It is a whole new world (dis)order. We are finding a new way towards independence. We are fighting for digital sovereignty, privacy, maintaining our culture, values and traditions, the ability to made trade agreements with European countries, and our ability to sell goods to the US.
What could go wrong? I've been using these notebooks for years. Hilroy is a US company. They Canadians a ton of these books in 2026. Sadly, they decided to leave Newfoundland and Cape Breton off the eastern coast. What is with that? Canada is going to have to begin to manufacture our own.
OK, venting over. I did some work on the garden, removing the deer fence, cutting down dead plants. I think we have about a half dozen cherry tomatoes to harvest. The fall flowers are a sweet treat. There is lots to do.











No comments:
Post a Comment