Summer is ending. The critters behaviour changes. Our birds are migrating. I've still seen the House Wren. It's too quick for a photo!
I've seen quite a number of Monarch flying south. Both here, and on the highway drive for a hair cut. We do lose a number on the highway. This is the generation that migrates south. They eat lots of pollen and make the journey.
The woodpecker likes the Common Mullein seeds.
I found our big toad in the garden. Oh, Fred. They will go down soon. They don't like the cool weather.
Butch doesn't hibernate. They tend to slow down, then sleep when it gets to be -10 or so.
And there is skunk!
The twin fawns will lose their spots. Not quite yet, though.
It's a long weekend. The Perth Fair is on. Great excitement. Too much for me, I think. The traffic last night in the dark was loud. I hope they had safe fun!
For more critters: Saturday's Critters # 664




No comments:
Post a Comment