Saturday, 15 August 2026

Saturday's Critters

There are many signs that fall approaches. Friday morning it was 14 ℃, today 13 ℃ and a tad chilly. It reminds me of cottage life. Putting on a fire in the morning. Critters begin to find warmer lodging!

This dock spider has many names. It's a biggie, I'll call it sir! It was released outside. 


The next photo is the exoskeleton of a cicada I think. The one after one I found. Soon they will stop singing as we cool down.

  

The goldfish will come in later. Meantime they have loved all the rains filling their pond.


The light is changing with the time of year. Fred was out munching in the garden, as he is wont to do. He has some eating to do before he konks out for winter. Auntie Fred has been out, as well.


MiniFred has been out front more than the back. I tossed him some leftover cabbage.

   

 I do love reptiles and amphibians. Spending lonely summers at the cottage, they were my friends.

   

 I came across a garter snake on my forest walk. It was sitting there looking like a cobra, head up, watching me! I suspect it had just had lunch and was feeling vulnerable. 

   


 The frog pond is over grown. It is quite full, which varies year-to-year. We've had a lot of rain this month. The frogs are happy with this.


 If you turn up the sound you can hear the bullfrogs.

 

Saturday's Critters # 661 visit more critters, hosted by Eileen!

No comments: