Saturday 21 January 2023

Saturday's Critters

 Let's catch up on the critters, shall we? Saturday's Critters # 475 <= thanks to Eileen for hosting!

Do you remember the poor fawn with the wrecked up foot? This was Dec., 2023.

She is still hanging in.

  

hurt fawn from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I found an in image of one with a similar injury a few years back, just like the injury back in December. Their legs seem so fragile. This was from another year, I'm having trouble dating it. 

Down by the frogpond...

  

forest deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Caitlin calls him a snow noodle! Jan 13th.

fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The first image I inserted in the video dates from prior to the snowfall – to give you an idea of the snowfall! Richard Deer, doe.

deer friends from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

These are hungry times! This was a Jeopardy clue the other day: "women come and go / talking of _______ !" 

Chad Coyote comes and goes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We have young bucks, who look like triplets. We've a doe who had another set this past year. The males leave their mother, while the does hang out together. One buck has lost one antler, I'm still looking to see if his buddies have lost theirs. It is interesting the other two have not. Same environment, habitat, weather and climate, different hormone strengths.

Young buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Richard was sitting under the tree at 7:30 in the morning, chewing his cud, for a long time. Taken through the kitchen window, he sat in shelter under the tree in the snow. Jan. 20/23

Bucks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Caitlin came up with the title:

Two males, Richard and another (young) buck. They are playful with one another.

"You're in my spot!" from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wonderful captures and videos on your deer. I like the cute Fisher too.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...there's no shortage of critters at your place.

Mae Travels said...

Your cameras pick up such a variety of deer! So interesting.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad they aren't hurt by the winter weather. You see so much wildlife there! Happy weekend!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see all the deer, and Chad has a name!

Jeanie said...

I love seeing your deer. They're really beautiful!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Such precious moments you have captured! YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

I do hope that poor fawn recovers.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn, I'm back after a long break. I love seeing the deer, you are so fortunate to see them on your property.You have so much snow that it must be difficult for them to survive the winter. I like how you give your creature visitors names.
Have a great weekend.

RedPat said...

They seem to feel so safe at your place.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your trailcam pics and videos and the various critters that show up at your house.

William Kendall said...

Those deer make good neighbour's.

DeniseinVA said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the videos and loved the snow noodle :) Sending all the healing energies I can muster for that dear little fawn.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Lovely captures of deer. Hope the deer recovers!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That poor doe. I hope she makes it through the winter. Amazing about the triplets.

Divers and Sundry said...

It amazes me to see what trials wild animals survive.

A fisher! Wow! I've seen them in zoos.