Monday 3 January 2022

You Two!

 Ambling down to the trailcam Jan. 1st (which didn't have any critters on it!), I looked up and here were You Two. Well, the young male was closest to me. He sort of startled me!



If I'd had any food, I would have given it to you!

I explained that I'd go down to the trailcam, come back up and give him a handful of food. JB beat me to it, though. They were watching him. 






JB had an errand in town, and they didn't budge.

Nutmeg usually goes out, then hustles back in for breakfast. Nutmeg and the squirrels from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


You can see her eyeballs beside our sign. They fret over the cats, but not the bunnies!  Nutmeg and the doe from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.



I was delayed this morning. It's a tad chilly putting out the garbage this morning. I felt sorry for the deer, as they followed me to the garage. You Two did, at least, the others hightailed it down to the meadow. 
We ended up with 9 friends. They all get a mouthful of MNR-recipe deer food. 


9 comments:

Tom said...

...we had two in the yard yesterday.

Nancy J said...

Mighty cold to be out there, all the animals seems to be happy together, and feed for the deer, maybe you need to get " Farm Discount" at the store!!!I heard of a friend, further north from us, he found the mother dead, and the baby fallow deer alive, maybe 2 weeks old,. It is now happily in their back yard on the farm during the day, sleeping in the garden, 4 bottle feeds daily, and in the big backdoor hallway at night!!!So Jenn, think on this if it ever happens to one of the animals near you!!!

RedPat said...

With those temps they must have been very happy to see you!

Red said...

We have mostly mule deer with huge ears. It's different to see the white tails with small ears.

William Kendall said...

Nutmeg stalking the deer is hilarious.

Anvilcloud said...

Two two much fun. 😀

Cloudia said...

How Cool!

Rain said...

That's so sweet, I love that you see so many deer!

Jeanie said...

I love that they know and trust you. That's incredibly beautiful and an honor.