Thursday 20 January 2022

Still cleaning out snow!

Tuesday – the sun shone!

It was beautiful! I plowed out a path to the feeders for JB.



JB noticed that the water fountain was snow covered, and very pretty in the dusk and dark. I played with the settings. (Automatic and sports – that's about my forte!)

Tuesday night, another snowstorm. Not nearly as much (4.5 cm). Thing was we expected above zero temperatures, and maybe rain or ice rain. 

Wednesday

Nutmeg watched the squirrel on the front porch. 

The red squirrel has dug itself a wee tunnel from the base of the chestnut tree to under the feeder. Nothing goes to waste!  


It is quite pretty!


The mailbox was plowed in – from Tuesday. I had to go back up to the house to grab a shovel. I guess it is better than me having to replace the mailbox again (Jan. 14, 2021: Maintenance during a lockdown).  My mail carrier cannot deliver with it like this. The guy who owns the vacant land, the property across the street, turned up with a tractor, plowing out his driveway. I was wondering how he'd get the back hoe out!



It was tricky! The traffic was busy after a snow day or two. Everyone roaring by at great speed. I had to put the blower on high speed to get across before I was smucked. I still get heebee jeebies when the big tankers and trucks go by, but it has to be done. The noise is a trigger for me.

It's been above zero most of the day. It's all melting. That's why I worked so hard at it. Today, Thursday, it's all frozen. We had a deep freeze overnight after this. Crazy weather.


The back deck! (Before and after my work!) I took my time. 


Ta da! I just took my time, JB brought me water. 

After a shower, I felt a bit better. 

snowblower 

I've put out a trailcam on the driveway, the critters often use it as a transportation route. The only critter was me!

 

  ❄ JANUARY 2022 ⛄

My data over the years...

14 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This weather of late has been a challenge for all of us. I was very happy when the two strong young people in the house across the street came to help me with my driveway.

Tom said...

...we had a thaw yesterday and now our drive is a skating rink! Take care ane stay warm and safe.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
One way to get exercise... I am agog at the lights on the fountain remaining bright under the snow! YAM xx

Karen said...

I need to find a new spot for my trail cam. The bird feeder is fun, but we never get any new visitors. There is too much snow to put it in the bush now.
I'm so thankful we have a tractor with a big bucket and blower.

Anvilcloud said...

We’re having quite. January, both cold and now snowy too.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I sure don't miss snow!! We don't get near as much as we used to, I'm guessing due to climate change.

Nancy J said...

Swivel the shute to the other side and " There she blows!!" Then the lens gets covered. Guess the snow blower is the best piece of machinery right now. Stay safe and warmXXX

RedPat said...

I feel like I have been shoveling for days.

Breathtaking said...

HI,:=) Your snow pictures in the sun are lovely images, but you really are living in challenging conditions. You worked hard to clear your porch of snow, not a job I would like to do or even have the energy to do. I hope your weather conditions at the very least don't get worse, and would be great if they got better. I like your lovely header of the deer in the snow.:=)

Ontario Wanderer said...

Lovely water fountain photo!

Red said...

You've had more than your share of snow in the last few weeks.

Jeanie said...

Getting the mailbox out looks like it could be a life or death experience! It really is pretty but I'm glad you got a little less this time.

William Kendall said...

Quite a pile to have on hand.

Lorrie said...

So. much. snow! It's a lot of work to deal with it all. And the melting and re-freezing makes such a mess.