Wednesday 19 January 2022

⛄Snomageddon 2022 Part 2

 What a treat to see the sun! South Ontario continues to clean out all that snow. The girls were going to go to school, but their side street wasn't plowed out at the time. SNOW DAY! 

Of course, I jinxed it. Today, Wednesday, we've another snowstorm. 

I finished off the driveway, there was a lot of drifting after my hard work the day before. Then, there are the snowplows. Happy to see them, but they do mess up the end of the driveway. I'm sore in places that haven't been used on the treadmill!



Back indoors, I changed into dry pants, and accidentally locked Cinnamon in my closet. I couldn't find him anywhere! I looked upstairs, downstair, in the cold storage, and lastly, my closet. Usually, Nutmeg does that. He snuck in behind me, I think during my second clothing change. We're going with that! It was hours. He knocked a few thing off my closet shelves, poor big guy.

I was happy to stay indoors after all this. As I gazed out at the feeders, I spotted a robin at the birdbath! They will overwinter, from time-to-time, and one year we had 13 on the meadow trailcam. They'll eat sumac berries, and should be OK. It looks chubby enough!




I set up the zoom to try and get some better photos. Hooray Mr. Sun!


The goldfinches

Mourning dove




We had 5 house finches, which I was happy to see. I think one male, 4 females.


They love a nice drink of water.

Bird fail! It would have been a nice photo. It makes me giggle.
The goldfinches

winter goldfinches from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The mourning doves in sun:
 


10 comments:

William Kendall said...

Perhaps keeping closet doors open would prevent that in the future. :)

Tom said...

...that a mighty big drive for that snowblower.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great bird photos...thanks. I just knocked about a foot of very wet snow off one side of my car's front. The driveway hasn't been plowed, but is slowly melting in most places, with warmer air and sunshine. I turned the car around to melt the other side's snow, which meant backing into the same slot, but getting the driver's side on pretty clear pavement that had been under the car before. Landlady said to avoid going out unless it was an emergency. I just wanted to go take photos at the lake. But I know many roads to it will have icy snow still, so I stayed home like a good girl.

Nancy J said...

The doves in the sun, truly beautiful, I wonder where they go at night when it is a lot colder.And water not frozen for a drink, that must seem like nectar .

RedPat said...

You deserve a rest after all that work. It seems that all the kids had a great snow day yesterday.

Bindu said...

Your cat in the closet!
It was a really big snowstorm. The city was a mess for two days.
I love your photos and trail cam. so much wildlife! It is really a treat to visit your blog. Love it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice fat Robin! Snow is lots of hard work!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's a good thing I read your previous post, because I thought you used a shovel to clear that drive. I can see how hard you must have worked even with the snow blower. Good that you found Cinnamon at least.

Anvilcloud said...

You don’t need to go out when you can look out like that.

Jeanie said...

I have a love-hate relationship with the snow plow for the very reason you mentioned -- you've got the driveway great and then you're snowed in again! That's a ton of snow! I know your birds are grateful for your support