Sunday 25 April 2021

Cinnamon cat, et al

Caterpillars 

I began the real part of my day downstairs – to do my workout. Cinnamon doesn't like the colder weather, and he was full of beans. I had moved the upstairs caterpillar downstairs for spacial reasons. I had thrown a bunch of cat toys into the box where he is sitting, in order to vacuum. He sat on top of the box, and began throwing the toys onto the floor.  Typical cat!


There was a certain amount of indoor activity. Another chilly day. The top perch is smaller than the other caterpillar, and Cinnamon wanted to snuggle. There was grooming, then biting, then hissing, as 'killer' drove him off her perch. He's such a sweet boy, deferring to her all the time, especially at the food dish.

Walkies at the pond

The frogpond is teeming with life. I tiptoe down for the trailcam cards, switch them out, replace the batteries, if I need to. We are limiting activity around the pond, seeing as wood duck is on her nest, and it's been cold. I don't want to flush her from the nest. It is a busy spot on the trailcams: Saturday Critters.

Mosquito larvae, fairy shrimp, water lice. You have to look closely. 
water slaters or water-lice
I love these little creatures: amphipod,
AKA: freshwater fairy shrimp.
Can you spot the mourning cloak? They are well camouflaged.


The backyard

Green grass, sunshine and my daffodils! Yippee for SPRING!!!!


You Two happened by. So far, so good, no bugs. Once the deerflies come out, we won't see much of the deer. They go down into the forest.



The phoebe are still debating a nest site, I think. I was on the back deck watching the crow's nest, with zoom lens and tripod, and I could hear them chatting under the deck. 

We'll lock that door for the duration, until they settle the nest debate. 


We've been doing take out for a year, almost once a week. I think our restaurants are going to survive.
What is wonderful is that the restaurants have secured non-styrofoam containers. I keep meaning to take photos, so I hauled this out of the can.

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You had to mention mosquitoes. And deerflys. :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That is my one gripe about our quite excellent food deliveries here - some items come in the reusable and recyclable hard plastic cartons - but other stuff (usually the 'starters') are put in polystyrene still... Love your bug shots!!! YAM xx

Tom said...

...cinnamon the climber.

RedPat said...

Cinnamon is a sweetie!

Nancy J said...

So good to see your daffs coming up, and the lens, I cannot remember what camera you have. Think of all the paparazzi who haul those camera with zoom lenses just to get that ONE shot of a lifetime of royalty. Enjoy the sunshine.

Kay said...

It's nice that there are two perches for kitties to rest on. It looks like so much fun to watch their antics on the cat tree.

William Kendall said...

Cats will be cats.

DeniseinVA said...

Fun to see a day in the life of your kitty-kats. Wow on the micro shots of those water creatures. Outdoor shots are great. The recyclable box, I shall be happy to see more of those down here.