Friday 2 October 2020

It really is Autumn!

JB's neck continues to give him trouble. He bought himself a support which holds his books. He's been getting physio, does his exercises faithfully. This really helps. We both read a lot.

  

Sad news. My client passed away yesterday. Her daughter kindly phoned. I visited her for three years, prior to COVID. I hadn't seen her since March.  

Nutmeg is still in the vet clinic. They sent off tests. She ate some kibble, continues with hydration, subcutaneous fluids, medications by injections, antibiotics. She is slowly improving, but we get test results this morning.

Cinnamon misses her, and keeps checking her bed. We've been telling him, maybe Friday!

We have a doe and fawn still about.

The pine needles always drop some.


The leaves are being blown off the trees in fall wind storms. You can see one leaf flying! This is our Internet antenna. We've ordered booster pipes, as the trees (we think) are interfering with the signals. 

Deep in the forest, the leaves are so beautiful! The bracken are all turning gold and yellow.


I couldn't figure out why I was waking up at 3 a.m. with itchy ankles. I began to pay more attention, and wear boots!

Cinnamon.
I love the huge white pines.
We still have  the odd tufted milkweed caterpillars. Otherwise I would have removed the nearly dead milkweed plants! 

Here is a photo fail. I thought you'd like it. Susie Snake is still living in the grasses. Soon they will hibernate.

Cute little mushrooms! If I had the motivation, I'd draw little faces on them in photoshop!
A song sparrow! Honest!

10 comments:

RedPat said...

I hope that nutmeg comes home!

Tom said...

...enjoy it while it lasts.

Karen said...

My red and orange maples are all pretty much bare, but the yellows are holding tight yet. I read that the white pines shed their needles every second year. No yellow on the tamarack yet!
We had a thunder storm early this morning, which passed, but the rain still falls. July was dry but August and September sure weren't.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Such lovely colours at this time... hope Nutmeg is back home soon. YAM xx

Jenn Jilks said...

That's interesting, Karen, except I read pines shed every 7 years. My photos show me they drop in the fall every year. I wonder if the needles last several years, then cull themselves in rotation.

William Kendall said...

I'm sorry about your client.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope Nutmeg is back home soon.
Glorious Autumn colours, I do like this time of year.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Sorry about your client. I like early fall.

Anvilcloud said...

My ankles are getting itchy now. lol

Gaelyn said...

I love your yard and all the fall colors. Not the itchy ankles though.