Thursday 22 October 2020

Front yard and wetlands

 The boys are in town! They arrived in the front yard, munching as they went.

Apparently, there was some interest in the goldfish pond! 

I've mentioned our island in the wetland. (See: Building a bridge in a bog with a frog!) Sadly, the bridge has rotted.

The dark parts are the trees.
Our little island is in the middle of the wetland,
all bulrushes and water!

Across the wetland, I could hear the red-tailed hawk. I was just about done fetching trailcam cards, when I heard one. It was insistent, and persevered with its call. It makes it easier to spot them when they call. I figured I had to try and find it. 

The video will show you how tough it was to spot it and film it from different angles. Not only that, but I used the zoom lens that morning, and nearly brought it with me. What a mistake! I should have listened to that little voice.

Red-tailed hawk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Here is an archive photo!

8 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and photos ~love the 'guys' and great feathered friend shots ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos of the deer. Love the last Hawk capture.

Take care, enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...and by the way, I love your header image!

RedPat said...

Wow - those are some great visitors you had!

Kay said...

Since I'm closeted at home, it's lovely to see what the beautiful outside world looks like in your neck of the woods.

Anvilcloud said...

That is a lot of wetland.

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to see the 'guys'

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the deer are thinking, looking at the goldfish pond.