Saturday 12 October 2019

We went into town to vote!

It was a lovely morning.


It was even more lovely when I took some Advil and put some cream on my sore back.


 I planted a few more bulbs, as well as some rhizomes. I'll never remember what I planted, so here is the order! I don't plan my garden. It's more fun to be surprised in the spring...
Are you that kind of gardener?

On the road into Perth, the leaves never fail to amaze!


Do you think we need a ring road? He took the wrong road, trucks shouldn't be on this street. sigh.


You can see how many homeowners do a wonderful job on their decor.


The ivy is so lovely. We had ivy like this on our house in Toronto, when I was a kid. A huge, well-established ivy with leaves twice the size of my hand.



I'm ready for it to be over. I do not know how people in the US tolerate their long lead up to their elections. I'm about done! One spends so much time sifting through the misinformation and lies. Even the NDPs are doing it to the Greens.


Our son-in-law has been on TV, and has done lots of debates. He's very good at it!

I held a Town Hall at the Minto #Barrhaven Recreation Complex on October 2nd, among the many questions asked - small business came up. https://t.co/nZnxdj4MEk pic.twitter.com/jeXteGVyRy
— Jean-Luc Cooke (@VoteJeanLuc) October 12, 2019


🗳Here we are. This is the first day of the advance polls. Many people, quite a few with walkers, were there to vote. All of us retirees! I heard them talking inside, and they said that in the morning there was a queue that stretched right out the front door. I'm happy we waited until chores were done in the afternoon.  Election day is Oct. 21st.


Then, we toddled on over to the library and drug store.


These are all drive-by shootings. I spotted the porch, the sun was low, but the next photo shows that they are ready for Hallowe'en! Isn't that fun?


Despite what my former girlfriend says, it is a lovely town.


We went home, it was 4 p.m., at this point, then took off around 5. Hubby promised dinner out. I'm fighting a cold, as well as my back. It was a nice treat. As we passed through our front gate, there was a turkey on the driveway. We have one in the fridge, ready for Saturday dinner.


Off to CC's for dinner.

11 comments:

Karen said...

We noticed the advanced poll at the mall when we did grocery yesterday. I wish we'd thought to tuck our voting slips into my purse. There wasn't a soul in there.

Nancy J said...

We have just had local elections, for mayor and councillors in each town. But for the government, we go and do the early voting too. Previously you had to give a reason, I cannot remember if we did the last time!! Your last photo, so quiet and peaceful, would be a super spot for dinner. Take the garden work more easily and space it out.

RedPat said...

I voted yesterday afternoon and I was the only voter there. it probably got busy after work got out though.

William Kendall said...

Pretty fall colours.

I voted at a district office where they're training electoral officers. I prefer getting it done in advance.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, that was a very pretty outing... not the political part, but the rest! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

We passed by a whole gaggle of turkeys the other day. OK, just looked it up, turkeys are a rafter or flock and not gaggle.

Red said...

Awesome colors. Advanced poles were very busy here.

Olga said...

Stunning colors of fall.
We must keep voting -- even when results seem discouraging.

carol l mckenna said...

Look at all those glorious Autumn colors ~ Great photos ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful fall colours.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Your fall colors are so beautiful. I miss seeing all the fall decorations on the mainland.