Monday 14 October 2019

The day after Thanksgiving...

It was such a fun day with the kids here.
Saturday night, we watched some TV. Hooper brought me a couple more 🕷️TICKS 2019. Josephine handed me pieces of tape and we did away with the little beggars. They hadn't attached yet. When they do, they die from the Bravecto treatment. THese were crawling around his neck. We got them!
We're only up to 37 this year. This is pretty good.

Sunday, it was a quick breakfast, just toast. I had a few things I needed help with.
1) Cleaning the eaves on the high roof.
2) Moving the snowblower to the garage.
3) Funding my bugle mouthpiece.

They are young and strong. Bless their hearts. They are good people. Good cooks, too.

The roof was a bit too high. The eavestrough a bit slippy. We went around to the other side and Caitlin deaked across the roof to clean the eaves. What a helper!



I got the ladder out myself, ready to do the deed, but JL helped me put it back. It has to come into the kitchen and then slide onto the shelf in the garage, beyond him in the garage. You can see the support holding up the shelf. It isn't easy. It is compact and a great place to store it, though.


Next job, the snowblower. You should have see me wrestling this into the garage for easy access last year. I asked for help this year. What a great team.


 And off they went home to prepare yet another turkey dinner for family. JL has taken the weekend off from campaigning.



Saturday morning, I sent Joseph off for a table centre and he brought me two! What a treat!


We still haven't found the tree frog. He has gone silent.


Then, there is the bugle mouthpiece. I brought it upstairs for some reason, and it fell over. I don't know where the mouthpiece went. We corralled everyone to look!


Outside the milkweed have gone to seed. they are so beautiful.



After turkey, gravy and dressing for lunch, I went out to tackle the tree. Annabelle has been hiding in the branches, looking for her chipmunk friend. I decided it was time to trim the lower branches.


The branches are in the pots for winter decor. Mic drop!

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I thought today was your Thanksgiving, did you celebrate early? Pretty centerpiece! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, Eileen, the holiday is today. Everything is closed. The kids have to do Thanksgiving at their house on Sunday, as that is when Caitlin's brother-in-law is off work. JL's mom is staying with them during the election to help out.

Anvilcloud said...

Thanksgiving is kind of the whole weekend or any part of it.

Christine said...

lots to do to prepare for winter!

Nancy J said...

Family help is wonderful, and I hope you are like me and always ask if the job is too high/hard/ difficult/ or dangerous!!! So good to have a celebration and then know they are home in time for another.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Love those table-centres! you definitely seem to have had a grand weekend. YAM xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Gorgeous table centre flowers.
A post full of busy, good things and happenings :)

All the best Jan

Kay said...

It's still Monday over here so I'd like to wish you and your wonderful yours a very awesome Thanksgiving.

William Kendall said...

Hooper looks quite relaxed.