Wednesday 10 January 2018

Refurbished deck

It feels like a long winter. It's not, really. We were spoiled last year, as it didn't start until in the new year. We had rain and power outages last January.
Last night it went down to:
It went up to 1 C. yesterday. It felt very balmy. I went out to check our propane tanks. They are down to 50%. I cleared them of snow. I ended up with snow down my boots, but I did my job.

For someone who spilled almond milk, laced with syrup and his supplement, all over his keyboard, here is the weather for him. The keyboard is in the shop. It looks like freezing rain, perhaps.

Our main stack pipe is frozen. The one that vents the septic system and waste water. The stack pipe is visible in this photo, on the right side of the roof. It vents moisture, and freezes up in extreme weather.


Since I've shown some green, I thought I'd show our deck refurbishment. Lovely green grass!
It was in bad shape. Hubby's chair went through a hole. Also, poor Isabelle managed three splinters in the summer. It's currently buried under knee-deep snow!

The cats love the deck, almost as much as hubby does. Mind you, they loved the hole in the ground, as well.



Izzy explored the deck area, where she spends a lot of time in the pool. Then, she fetched Grampa and offered to show him the stairs down to the replaced deck!

Grampa and Izzy enjoy the deck, without holes or splinters. They sat and chatted for a long time!

8 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I wish it was Spring.........{{{SIGH}}}

Nancy J said...

Green is good, snow is good, all seasons throw challenges at us, wherever we live. Our firewood is all done!!! Did you hear my shout of hurrah yelling northwards from your place? Hope you can manage to keep warm, I see at other places in Ontario it is mighty cold.XXX

Anvilcloud said...

I just returned from shopping, and it's wonderful out right now.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Homes are a never-ending source of renewal requirements. Part of the joy! YAM xx

Red said...

You're really in a bad way for looking for spring.

William Kendall said...

What a lot of work that was.

My favourite of these shots features Annabelle.

Kay said...

OK, I'm impressed! The deck looks gorgeous! But your -19 degrees is absolutely awful! Wow! My mom was complaining this morning about 65 degrees F. That's 18 C for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Think your deck looks brilliant.
Roll on warmer weather!

All the best Jan