Monday 30 October 2017

Trailcam trails


Somedays it's a busy spot.

I thought I'd show the trailcam with the deer and the coyote. I put two cameras up, hoping to get them coming or going!
If you recall the fawn who was hit on the highway, it looks as if he was reunited with momma (0:43 sec.). I'm so happy. Coyote is on the trail, though!

The deer don't mind the cameras, as they associate it with us. You can see at 30 seconds, the deer approaching the camera, and the fawn behind, then the next clip is the view from the camera.
Trailcams from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.



I chucked out our former centrepiece chestnuts and gourds on Oliver's Lot, hoping for some to grow come Spring. I've let the lot go natural, after they used to cut it back right to the sumac. The colours have been amazing, but they are gone now.


Then, I tromped out with the paper recycling at 8:00 a.m., hubby had managed the rest of the garbage, and decided I might as well check out the trailcams. These past few days we've had 100+mm (4") of rain. I wasn't optimistic about video footage.

Oliver's Lot in the background
Off I tromped in the rain to rescue the soaking wet cameras. What a bonus!

Firstly, Butch raccoon, then it looks like a Barred Owl (in the rain!), and then the coyote. I repeated the owl and coyote footage, in slow motion, just for posterity. They are so quick. All three in the POURING RAIN! We've had so much rain, and it is still raining.
Trailcam from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

The raccoon, the owl flew away, then a fox came and looked. You have amazing wild-life, and trail cams are so good for this.

William Kendall said...

Pretty fall colours. A lot of the leaves that were in colour stages have gone down now, with the heavy rain and the winds. There are still some trees in town that are green, or just starting their colours.

Red said...

Cool shots of the rain. oh ya, I do like watching the critters come and go.

Christine said...

Welcome fall, nice captures from the trailcams.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Seems like it is only humans who are troubled by the rain!

Anvilcloud said...

So ... a light comes on in the camera, and that frightens the critters?

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, it does frighten them. You can buy ones with special infared that don't but that's above my pay grade! They get used to it. The deer associate it with people and food, so that's fun.