Tuesday 3 October 2017

Carp Market

It was the Carp Farmer's Market on Saturday, September 30th. A bit of a drive (75 km/ ~one hour), but a sunny day. There was much to see!!!
Fall is finally here, after some very hot September days. There is a smell of Autumn, and I love the changing seasons.
Off we drove, for a wee trip.

The vegetables, shining in the sunshine, Ms. Twisty making balloons for the kids, the smells and sounds of yummy food vendors, and happy people. There was a long line for the back bacon on a bun. I could smell it, and I drooled, but I'd had breakfast.



We bought a few vegetables and then I made us a stew. I love standing over the cutting board, and chopping away. Then, to smell it simmering all day?! Yum!
The beef was from a local, organic farmer who lives down the road! Hubby's Naturopath, since we are managing his cancer, suggested we only buy organic meat. That's pretty easy around here. We have many sources. There is beef and sheep just down the road (Joynt Family Farm, from the Perth Market).
 I spotted a sheep dog along our drive, protecting the sheep from the coyotes.



Meanwhile, back at the fair.
I took a series of photos of dogs! I don't know why, except that there were quite a few cuties, and I know there are many dog fans out there! There were lots of people and kids talking to the doggies.



9 comments:

DUTA said...

I love markets anywhere, anytime. And they are such a good opportunity for taking colorful, lively pictures of people, products, animals, stalls!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
A lovely parade of pooches! ...and somehow I was imaging a market full of fish... but will take those tomatoes over fins any day!!! YAM xx

Olga said...

I have noticed how much dogs love farmers' markets and street fairs. There are always so many dogs at those places that I figure it is a really strong interest to canines.

Nancy J said...

Heirloom tomatoes!! Until I clicked on it, and saw the sign, I thought they were pumpkins. Organic, not quite so easy to find here, but meat, lamb and vegetables are available.

William Kendall said...

That is a good sized market!

Red said...

I like all the space in this market.

Debbie said...

this looks like a market well worth driving an hour for on a beautiful day!! your stew looks good, i love starting with all fresh ingredients!!!

Anvilcloud said...

Clearly, Carp is going to the dogs. And dogs being dogs, you can switch the a and r in Carp if you know what I mean.

Powell River Books said...

I just had a visit from a BC author who arrived with her two big dogs. She was on a tour for her newest book told from her dogs' points of view. - Margy