Monday 5 June 2017

UPDATE: Momma owl

June 5th

I went out to look for her. Daisy came with me. Momma kept an eye on the cat. I am vigilant!
Owl and the cat from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Daisy and I had to avoid the poison ivy down below.

Momma owl June 4th

On a cool, soggy day, all I could see was her tail!


June 3rd 

Poor momma, just trying to find enough food for her chicks. You can see the robin in the 2nd photo, bravely standing up to the owl.
 I videotaped her first (below), she was watching Daisy, at my side, quite keenly. I don't think she sees Daisy as prey, but as a threat. Sort of a big weasel, perhaps! I think she is used to me, for now. I will meet her in the forest later, however, and she'll take off.
 

The robins were after her, as they are building a nest in the shed nearby.
momma owl 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

She will be a busy girl, love the chirps. I wonder how many chicks are there? And Daisy, great company outdoors.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am sure momma owl will be busy! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Powell River Books said...

What a great way to watch nature. - Margy

Anvilcloud said...

Birds do have to work very hard at this time of year.

Linda said...

Wonderful video

William Kendall said...

That's a very watchful momma!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love how the Momma is watching ...

All the best Jan