Friday 30 September 2016

Book Review: The Matriarch

What a creepy story!
As the back cover says:

A Pasture. A Fig Tree. An Earthquake...and Murders. 

I loved it.

With such fantastic horror stories you must suspend belief, if it is a well-told tale. I have yet to embrace zombies and vampires. This was really well-written. I thought it a great story, rich in details.

I glanced at the author on the back cover and thought, what an horrific tale she tells! She looks as sweet as my late mother! Her bio on Amazon says she is 82-years-old.

Well, it's a tale! Turns out it's novel #2 for her.

It as great. We old farts have to surprise the young 'uns! It's a darn good read.

The Matriarch (Fiction / Suspense Thriller)

Returning after a recent earthquake to the small town and the southern California ranch on which he grew up, Cassidy Murphy figures it will be a two-week sojourn at most, and then he'll move on. But as wives and daughters begin to savagely murder husbands and fathers for no apparent reason--Cassidy gets caught up in figuring out why.

Sharon Hawes

Biography: Sharon Hawes

Hawes writes: I think being scared (safely that is!) is something a lot of people enjoy. In a way, it's like taking a literary roller coaster ride.

My fascination with conflict (the more horrific the better), has led me to focus on the thriller and horror genres. While on a road trip by myself and at night in my motel I began reading "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" by Jack Finny. People often comment on a book by saying, 'I couldn't put this book down!' I read this novel all the way through, finishing it at 5:00 AM. I literally couldn't put it down.

"The Sitter" is my premier suspense thriller. I received a finalist award from San Diego Book Awards.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am not a reader but I am sure this review will be helpful for those who do!

Red said...

I don't read horror stuff at all. I like fantasy and historical fiction.

William Kendall said...

Excellent review!