Sunday 17 May 2015

Trip to Belleville!

It was quite a journey. May 15th I had a bee in my bonnet. I'd been looking for some Jack-in-the-pulpit plants. We had some in our Ottawa home's garden. An Internet search revealed a Belleville man, Peter, who specializes in rare and native plants. They are open Wednesday to Saturday, we had to motor. More on my plants later.

In the meantime, it was a wonderful drive, past lakes, trees in flower, water treatments, golfers, a real live hobo, voluntary road toll, the ubiquitous construction sites, Ontario farms, interesting houses and, finally, the funniest mailbox!


What a character! On the sidewalk!

Cows on TOP of the feeder!

Solar powered home!

House for sale

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely views from your drive. Views with water always seem so peaceful to me.

William Kendall said...

That's quite a drive. Some of the scenery's very familiar to me. I love that mailbox!

Red said...

AwesomE photo story. Ontario is a beautiful place if you take out Toronto!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

That is quite the mailbox. Just catching up on your latest posts. Did you get your Jack in the pulpit? I had one a few years ago but lost it over one of the bad winters.