Thursday 26 June 2014

Cottage country fun and water frolic

We're off to the city for more medical stuff. I doubt I'll have time to canoe on this, National Canoe Day! The appointment isn't until the afternoon, they always run late, and it takes us 2 hours to get home from the city. Here is a post for canoeists...
Bambi peeks out from behind a tree,
Buster watches, wagging his tail.
I posted the video of it below!
It was a good day's work outside.
My cap caught 22 deerflies!
Popped my cap upside down
 in the goldfish pond,
they had a feast!

Sadie on the path leading to the meadow.
She was watching for her friend, Chipmunk.
Bambi following Buster
Buster and his twin, Felix, used to go walkies with me.
Buster wasn't the same when Felix was killed.



Off I went for an afternoon canoe ride. Four loons, boaters, worried Eastern Kingbirds nesting on an island in a tree, and a heron flew by.

Hubby bought me a 'close eyes!'
He made me go out to the car,
while I closed my eye,
he opened the trunk!
What a treat!
Daisy in the daisies.
I couldn't get her any closer. The deerflies are
totally harassing her, she preferred the shade.
Back home, there was a surprise!

6 comments:

Red said...

Okay, you had me confused. But now I get it. You set your own canoe day. You march to your own tune. why not make many canoe days.

Nancy J said...

Hi Jennifer, lovely meadow photos, long drive for a hospital appt, thinking of you both, keep those pets in your mind as you drive. Hugs, Jean.

William Kendall said...

A nice place to paddle.

Daisly looks quite stoic, even if the deerflies are being a nuisance.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful spring in your little bit of heaven there! I love your 'close eyes' tradition and that is a beautiful surprise.

And Daisy ... daisies is so cute. Hope all the medical stuff is just routine and goes well.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photo of Daisy!

Herons are always impressive in flight, i like your photo!

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope your husband is getting all the medical help he needs!