Thursday 7 January 2010

skywatch

For more SkyWatch photos, click on the badge meme. Season 4; Episode 26!

How happy we are to see the sun today. We CAN watch the sky. It was a delicious blue. Such a break from the endless white of the semi-frozen lake. The sun poured down on us all.

Meantime, tracks of different creatures...



Unfortunately, young people do not respect the land, and use neighbour's property, as well as the frozen bay, as their own personal Nascar race tracks. The peace and quiet of the country...NOT!



Do you think I spoke too soon? On my trip home past Milford Bay clouds began rolling in. Too bad so sad.  The red bubbler lights brightly shining at the dock, a boat house closed up for the winter, the open bay in the back ground. Watch that open water!


The critters were out and about foraging for food.
Can you spot it? I stopped the car. It was doing a trot for the high ground.





I'll zoom in for a closer look!


 
Yes, wild turkey doing the turkey trot, happy that Thanksgiving and Christmas are over! It disappeared by the time 3 cars passed by, and I turned the car around. Headed for the hills!!!

For those wondering why Muskoka trails aren't groomed yet. Read Still Cold...

12 comments:

Serendipity said...

Beautiful. I love snowy scenes!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I LOVE seeing wild turkeys. Such funny, awkward birds. And still so rare in these parts.

Powell River Books said...

Beautiful snow and ice. We've had a very mild winter so far. We just had two days of clouds, but no rain. For the next week it is warming up to 8-10 but the rains are coming with the warm temps. Now if we could just get some sun to go with that. At least we are getting the moisture we need. - Margy

Sylvia K said...

Yes, Jenn, I love snowy scenes, too! Such fun -- even if it is cold! Reminds me of my years in Montana!! Wishing you a wonderful, fun weekend! Stay warm!

Sylvia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great series of photographs. It looks so frigid and cold but beautiful also. I have come upon wild turkeys several times in the past have yet to get a picture. I am always surprised when I see them and by the time I get my act together they are gone.

hetty said...

Great wintery scenes! The blue skies are fantastic. Lucky turkey.

Hildred said...

Beautiful scenes, and especially lovely in the sunlight. Do you ice fish on the lake?

Guy D said...

Wonderful winter shots, the third one is my favourite.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Kim, USA said...

Love that winter shots...and the turkey makes me smile...was the turkey lost? ^_^ Happy weekend!

SkyWatchFriday:Sunset

Gaelyn said...

I'm sure glad you got to see a little blue sky Jenn.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Very nicely shown, nice to see the blue sky. You can have the snow back up your way, I've had enough.

Linda said...

Lovely photos. I'm glad to discover your blog via Skywatch. I love visiting other Canadian bloggers.