Sunday 14 December 2008

My Town Monday - rain on snow

Sady on snowHaving spent 2 1/2 hours shovelling a deck, bringing down snow from the roof covered with knee-deep snow, in anticipation of above freezing temperatures, I am quite tired. The rain is coming down and I worry about those who must drive in it.

Our snow cover overnight has gone down quite a bit. The lake looks more like a pond, having had snow cover for a couple of weeks. It is supposed to change back to snow this afternoon.

As the sun rises, the rain water melts the lake ice.








My video shows my snow-clearing progress! The birds nervously scold me away from their feeders as I work.

4 comments:

Junosmom said...

Tomorrow evening, we are expecting either a little sleet or snow. I say a little for you, but for us, it is considered a show stopper.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is true: it is what you are prepared for, used to, or expect that colours your mind! It is in how you frame it. We have had rain all night and this afternoon expect it to change to a few more cm of snow! School buses are cancelled.

pattinase (abbott) said...

We seem to be getting ice as much as snow. These are lovely pics.

debra said...

our rain is supposed to shift to the ever-popular wintry mix. So we will go from mud to icy mud----that's what it's like with 3 dogs :-)
Beautiful photos.