Thursday 27 November 2008

in honour of American Thanksgiving




With a husband (and cat) addicted to NFL, and sitting gloriously happy in front of the TV, I am grateful for the day.
In the photo you can see the flashlight readily available. The power went on and off several times. The snow and the sleet were bad - I drove into town and home in the dark. Not a great drive: I was between a cement truck, a min-van and 3 big pick-up trucks. One pick-up passed me since he thought I wasn't going fast enough in the freezing temperatures. I was glad to get home safely.



Wild turkeys are no where to be seen today - I caught them on tape in October (see the video below!). They had the audacity to appear the day after our Canadian Thanksgiving, but have not reared their ugly little heads~! We still have mallard ducks in our bay, and mergansers swimming and diving for fish in the lake.

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I had 8 turkey circling my deer blind Thursday afternoon. No I didn't off one as I was waiting for deer instead. Didn't get one of those either.

Junosmom said...

We have a lot of wild turkeys here also. Or at least we did before hunting season opened.