Tuesday 18 August 2015

Vancouver city streets

I love the streets. The trees and foliage are amazing. The tree cross the roads and have a meeting in spots.

Most of the homes have huge cedar hedges protecting them from the street traffic.
A monkey tree!


The back street garages remind me of Toronto, where I grew up.


This truck was growing through the trees...


'NO SIGN'  They have built-in paths for bikes. A bike-friendly Richmond, indeed.


Lots of community gardens.


Richmond, Steveston Rd., is interesting. Jess tells me there is a land grant: for agriculture. The markets are everywhere, and such fresh food! Here workers were picking early in the morning.

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

A great record of this interesting area.

eileeninmd said...

Nice collection of street views. I like the big trees and the community gardens are a great idea. Great post, enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots! The sunflowers particularly catch my eye.

Rose said...

I did enjoy all the photos...really gives a good feel of the place. It looks so interesting..think i could sure spend some time there photographing things.

Nancy J said...

Gardens, streets, back roads, and family time, what a holiday, and now back to reality. Hang in there, dear friend. Hugs and XXX

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Markets are always a hit, I reckon; and those are certainly some picturesque streets... the glimpses of mountains in the distance are most tantalising! YAM xx

Red said...

The coast is a different world. that's why it's interesting to visit.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi there ... You're in the Pacific Northwest now! Welcome!!! ( I love Vancouver.... !)