Monday 12 February 2024

We had an adventure!

Hairdressers and hair styles <= I hit a nerve with my hairdresser tales I posted in December. The saga never seems to end. 

 I was supposed to have a haircut Feb. 7th. Now, this is something that really triggers my social anxiety. I worry about it overnight, and usually come home shaking. The noise of a salon is a bad trigger for me. Some salons are noisier than others! I had to leave, a half hour late, and my stylist was just beginning a cut on a colour. I couldn't wait any longer, hands shaking, my mind and body vibrating. I dashed home.

The next day, I had a salon referral from my brilliant daughter. A coworker of hers sent me to a place her friend guaranteed was peaceful. I phoned them at noon, and snagged an appointment in an hour. It was a 40-minute drive, but I got dressed, put on my face, and we dashed out the door. 

We drove across a couple of rivers with ice fishing shacks still one them. I imagine they are locals, as they are fairly near particular properties. It takes someone local to know and understand the depth of the ice, especially on a flowing river. 


You can see tracks on the melting ice. 


The snow fences will come down soon. We could see blue sky, but Mr. Sun came and went. 


I like driving by these. They just look so funny, all awaiting action.


It is a beautiful spot. Calm, peaceful. The waterfall is lovely, and the stations are private. I don't hear the personal details of someone else's vacation, love life, or health issues! The waterfall is amazingly soothing.


It doesn't look like much of a change, but it is clean and tidy. No sticky outy bits. No more mullet, or perms, although I loved my mullet! If you know you know!

 


From there we actually went out for lunch. It's been weeks. 



Soon we'll be able to sit out on the patio again!


On our way home, a cute cattery. An enclosure that lets the cat sit outdoors safely. They are marvellous for indoor cats to get fresh air.

Home safe. The cat house continues to find customers.


Our Ottawa kids are enjoying their February hot tub. Caitlin and I are still playing Scrabble. I took a screenshot as I was dubious that Caitlin was waiting for me to play in the wee hours! She confirmed that.


Cluny and Bryony, in Vancouver, B.C., were with their dad, Jesse, on a ski race weekend. Such fun, good exercise and fresh air for all.


12 comments:

Olga said...

A good haircut is always a feel good moment. Looking good.

RedPat said...

Everything seems to make me nervous these days. Must be a reaction to the lockdowns and everything going on in the world. our hair looks good.

Kathy G said...

The haircut looks lovely. Glad you celebrated by going out to eat.

Patio Postcards said...

Your hair does look good. I find the smells all too over whelming in a regular type saloon. Thankfully my hairdresser works out of her home & slots us in first thing in the morning before any hair colouring gets going.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Our family all goes to the same stylist. Calm, scissors only, no electric cutters. I love it.

Anvilcloud said...

I have never been there for a meal, at least not since two owners ago.

eileeninmd said...

Love the landscapes, very pretty.
Your new "do" looks lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy week ahead!

Rain said...

You're so pretty Jenn! Your hair looks fabulous! I am nowhere near any lakes here where I live, but I do remember all of the fishing huts on the harbour when I lived on P.E.I. I'm nervous walking on frozen lakes, even if it's -40!

Nancy J said...

The patio will be waiting longer for that snow to go.!!! Love the haircut.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Nice hair cut! I had one about 18 years ago. My hair grows to a point then falls out so I do not cut it or have it cut. Fine with me.

Barbara Rogers said...

Blogger has all kinds of kinks tonight. I can't reply to any comments to my blogs. And I can't even pull up the list of blogs I read. Anyway, glad you got a calm hair place. I walked into my favorite hair dresser's little salon today (after at least 4-5 months of getting shaggy) and asked for an appointment. He had left a message on his phone that he'd been sick and was just catching up on those missed appointments, and don't call till this week. I was lucky that he had just had a cancellation on Wed. So for Valentines I'll get my car inspected and my hair cut. Seems like a good balance of activities!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your haircut, you look good.

All the best Jan