Monday 11 December 2023

Crumbly Acres didn't crumble!

What a deep freeze it has been. The skies have been interesting.

Sunset Dec. 6 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Listen for the clacking of the ice on the trees, after which we had 6 cm of snow.

ice stuck to the trees from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The skies were lovely as I worked on fixing the Crumbly Acres camera. The app told me that there wasn't a memory card. I knew it wasn't true, but that it was likely just frozen. The app is on my laptop, and I hauled that out in the rain. 

Trying to reboot it did not help. Our came the hex screw driver, the small screwdriver, and the step ladder. Up I went. 




 Well, that was a relief. We melted, and it was gentle. Lots of branches have bounced back. This was the first day. 

Doesn't that look better?! 

Then, the front yard! Dec. 9th, then Dec. 10th it was gone.


See him in the garden?! He after another bunch of candytuft plants. 


And the backyard. This branch worried us, but it lifted after the snow and ice melted.



15 comments:

Tom said...

...but white pines can be brittle.

Olga said...

A very wintry scene!

Jeanie said...

Wow -- easy come, easy go. Wish it happened like that here (though so far, no snow.)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm surprised at how quickly it melts. Your winter wonderland photos make me realize what a wimp I am about the cold lol

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Looks a bit grim, right enough! YAM xx

GreenComotion said...

Beautiful views. Reminded of my days in Ontario. Thanks for sharing these joyous moments with all of us, Jenn! Take care.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty snow images, love the deer!
Take care, have a great day and wonderful week!

RedPat said...

You had an amazing amount of melt overnight.

Barbara Rogers said...

Seems you could just scatter a bunch of seeds of some kind, and sprouts too, for that dear old deer. Good to get the camera working again!

Cloudia said...

Brrrr! No way I could face that. Aloha

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very glad that your trees bounced back. We had a massive thunderstorm at the end of last week that downed trees all over the city. None were in our yard but I mourn.

Red said...

I guess if the actual branch was frozen and not flexible you may have had more damage.

Anvilcloud said...

You lost more snow that I thought. I am somewhat surprised to see as much as we do here after the rain.

Patio Postcards said...

Glad to read that Crumbly Acres did not in fact crumble. Looks like we are going to have a green Christmas. Farmer's Almanac is calling for freezing rain on the 25th :(

DeniseinVA said...

It all looks beautiful, a winter wonderland! Glad you didn’t lose that branch.