When I bought this, it was called a catapillar. You can see why! Pillars for the cats. I've had this caterpillar since 2002. One year I dressed it up as our Christmas tree. This was in our home on Hobart.
JB bought the new catapillar in town around 2009. It used to be in the living room, and had a ladder. The ladder was broken, and it was removed.
It was in a bad way. The sisal has been ripped off, good cats for using it as a scratching post, and they are now attacking the cardboard underneath. First, I looked for repair materials. The most difficult thing is finding the correct terminology. I began with 'twine' and found that sisal was a better term. You can Google it, and you will realize that I'm not the only one needing to do repairs! It autofills it for you.
Step 1 – find sisal
I searched for sisal nearby, and found it at Crappy Tire. I usually print off the item, than give the sheet of paper to JB. More often than not, I forget to tell him which store has the prize! Such was the case. He wisely asked, I wrote it on the paper for him!
After this, I found a couple of 'How To' YouTube videos. Some were better than others. Some suggested staple guns, others hot glue. I went for both. The upper post is fine, and I was able to ignore it. I thought about using it to replace a more used post, but it was easier to simply removed the four lower posts.Step 2 – Friday
Step 6 – Monday
Sent hubby, AKA Personal Assistant, back to the store, since the post (above) took up the entire 50 feet! Hubby came back with two packages, as requested.
Step 7 – Tuesday
I thought it's be a perfect project as we had snow, then ice pellets, then rain. Yuck. I went back at it. Cinnamon was on the caterpillar upstairs, and I invited him downstairs to help. He took his position.
Unfortunately, he didn't last. He and I had big walkies in the snow in the morning, and he seemed tired!
All four posts were done. Time to reassemble it. First thing, though, was to vacuum the base. Back upstairs for the vacuum. I remembered that there is a clog in the hose, as I tried to use the hose. No good. The base I vacuumed up with the regular beater, and it looks better. I screwed it all back together. All was well with the world.
🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐈