Monday 30 January 2023

Another busy weekend!

It is so nice to see the sunshine, Jan. 28, Saturday morning! It wasn't to last, though. These are photos with my videocamera.

I found an old photo from 2010. It shows this wee tree!


It sure has grown. It's a great barrier, protection from the noise of the highway. I've had to trim the lower branches in order to go around with the lawn tractor.

By the time I was done, so was the sun.

Happily, the sun comes and goes. Jan. 28/23

windy day from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It's difficult walking! Here is coyote in the storm.

 

forest coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It was a bit of a storm.

 This weekend was the one-year anniversary of the so-called Truck Convoy. Protesters are now being called Convites, since most weren't truckers. The Court Cat (@ResistanceCats) covers their trials and bail hearings. The Cookie Lady (@MeTheCookieLady) has been watching them plan this past weekend. 

This time the police were prepared, anticipating 600 or so. They were took action. I was really impressed with the OPS liaison team. They talked some of the whackos down. 


This dude live streamed it on YouTube. 

Ottawa Police said Sunday morning that OPS and Ottawa Bylaw officers had issued 200 parking tickets and 47 Provincial Offences Notices, while 19 vehicles had been towed from the downtown area. – CTV

Not much of a crowd, happily,
as you can see from the Parliament Hill webcam.

Then there was Alberta.


There was a storm Sunday, things started off slowly! 
Jan. 29, 11:26

Sunday...

14 comments:

Jeanie said...

It's really beautiful, isn't it? I wouldn't want to shovel it (or probably be out in it too long!) but wow! And interesting about the trucking anniversary. I can't believe it was a whole year ago -- where did that time go?

Tom said...

...I find it interesting to look back on trees that I planted.

Barbara Rogers said...

Boy that sure was an event last year. I'm glad the authorities are working on it differently this year. And I hope the demands that were "just" have been considered fairly also. I'm seldom against demonstrations by "the people" but that one was also against the people who had to live around it.

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't understand this particular demonstration. Of course I never really understood the original one...

DUTA said...

Each country has its oddities. Parking tickets - I doubt they get paid. These convoy people defy the authorities.

RedPat said...

You have had so much snow. It is always amazing to see how much trees have grown through the years.

Anvilcloud said...

So it did happen. My guess is that they didn’t come form nearly as far away.

DrumMajor said...

You have certainly had a bumper crop of snow this year! Linda in Kansas

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad to see they have it under control this time!

William Kendall said...

I certainly despised the convoy, but of course I was directly affected by it.

Tomichan Matheikal said...

Sitting in South India where snowfall is not even a dream, I am astounded by the scenes. The coyote is eerie.

Patio Postcards said...

Pretty snow photos. One of the reasons I take so many photos of my gardens is to look back & see the growth, the change & sometimes the loss.

Glad to read that Ottawa reminded quiet for the most part this weekend.

roughterrain crane said...

Trees grow amazingly fast only in a few year. Happy week with sunshine!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness you got a LOT of snow. I'm glad the police were able to quell the anniversary "riot."