Thursday 31 October 2019

Happy Hallowe'en!

It's nearly over, just the Trick or Treating! We don't get any kids. We are too remote. That's OK. I put my time in over 25 years teaching, as well as the three kids.

I grew pumpkins when we lived in North Gower!


We played dress up all the time. When I was a kid, we had a dress-up trunk. I continued that tradition when the kids were small. I'm in the bridal veil! My brother in front. 


This is our warning! It's going to be a wet few days.



On our way into Carleton Place for a dental appointment, I did some drive-bys.
Sleepy cows, all except one! She didn't get the memo.



First, I noticed two trucks go by, filled with pumpkins!



Then, a minion on a swing with a pumpkin!


The trees are so lovely. Farewell, leaves!



Sure! A stuffed arm.



The homes are just wonderful, they invite Hallowe'en decor with the big front porches.

6 comments:

Rain said...

Happy Halloween Jenn! :) The photos of you and your family are cute! And those homes...nobody decorates here, it's so nice to see the old homes decorated, they do look nice and spooky! No trick or treaters here either. They bus all the kids to the local church for a party instead.

Linda said...

No trick or treaters at our place either, not that we are home. Our granddaughter has her birthday today and that is more important than Hallowe'en. Birthday celebration dinner and cake and then they go out for Hallowe'en.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
A few folk do this here, but really not that many. Inside the homes maybe - at least those with kids. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

The Minion is my favourite.

Hootin Anni said...

A perfect Halloween adventure! I love everything Halloween...weather, costumes, and fun. In your post, you have them all.

carol l mckenna said...

creative Halloween photos ~ we don't get any 'trick or treaters' either ~ that's ok ~ 'been there done that' as they say ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)