Friday 25 May 2018

1. We went to visit the in-laws!

This was an adventure. We aimed for Chesterville, then drove to Long Sault, then back through Crysler.

We arrived at the cemetery, and a blue heron floated over my head!



This I spotted in Chesterville. I haven't figured out what it is. Next time...


A lovely, sunny day. A man was cutting the grass. The stones haven't moved, this was good. JB always goes to check them.


The cemetery dates one stone that represents a child in 1819.


The fruit trees are in blossom.


There is a robin's nest in here somewhere.

6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
Lovely weather for visiting the relos! The metal cabinet in C'Ville town centre appears to be a memorial of some description and act as a display cabinet to promote local businesses. How do I say this? There are different goodies inside to what shows on the here! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

A peaceful looking cemetery, as is generally the case.

Nancy J said...

A very spacious layout for the headstones, and what sadness lies there with the very young.How little we know of those families, and are they visited too. Lovely day to visit. XXX

DUTA said...

Once a year, before the High Holidays I usually go to four cemeteries to visit the graves of my beloved and venerated ones; one cemetery out of my hometown, two in nearby towns, and one in a far away place.It's a time for recollection, of praying and asking forgiveness. It gives me strength for the whole upcoming year.
I used to go there more often,but as I advance in age, I found it a bit difficult to do so, both physically and spiritually.

Red said...

These are trips that have to be made.

Powell River Books said...

Beautifully kept. I don't want to think about what our family plot looks like. It is in the middle of the worst part of Los Angeles even though it was farmland when my relatives were buried there. - Margy