Thursday 22 September 2016

Summer winds down...

Fall is here. Wood is in and stacked. Goldfish are in, although I put 12 babies back, as I didn't think the tank. We have 15 babies in the tank, probably ~20 in the pond. Winter, bring it on!

A young buck has been appearing regularly, moving across the yard.



A doe moves across the yard. With the deerflies gone, they are happier out in the open, in our safe yard.


It was time to put up a feeder. First, I just used the pot. I realized that I should put out the proper feeder.
There are a pair of chipmunks who have moved into a field mouse network of underground holes. I can tell there are a pair, as I see one in the feeder and one at the burrow entrance. They are frequent visitors.


Even my indoor plants are blooming. You recall I had to repot my Orchid Cactus. Someone knocked it down and broke the pot. This was a branch that had broken off. It had a bud and I put it in water.


The hibiscus are at their peak.
And all I managed were two smallish pumpkins in the veggie garden!
Japanese Anemone is the 4th photo.
Two new plants, Ladyslipper, is the 2nd one.


I scanned the yard, and spotted these three Mourning Doves having a sunbath.




Last, but not least:

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty deer and cute Chipminks. The doves are sweet.

Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Anvilcloud said...

How nice for you to see the critters like this.

Out To Pasture said...

How wonderful to have such a rich wildlife park. The deer certainly add a touch of elegance! I now miss my robins and hummingbirds who are on their southern vacations.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh the lazy hazy dayz of the summer-autumn crossover... already a bite of winter over this side...sigh... YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Mourning doves are such tranquil company.

Debbie said...

goodness, the chipmunk captures are adorable!!! pretty monarch as well, they have started to migrate through here!!!!

Kay said...

The chipmunks must be storing up for winter. Too cute!