Saturday 23 July 2016

Babysitting Grandkids Day 3 Wednesday

Day 3 Wednesday

Before Jos got up, Izzy and I watched our Superheroes PPT from last year. I used to help my students make these! We invented these two characters, Foam Girls, in 2014, wrote a play, and videotaped it!


Water Girl Fire Girl from Jennifer Jilks

TV breakfast!


Window crayons are a hit, still. They've been adding to it.  A fruit tray is a good buy for us! Izzy took one of each fruit, and said she had a rainbow. (Normally, she inhales the strawberries!)



Jos photobombed me! We were on our way to our next stop: Narrows Locks.


Next stop: Westport! Grampa had an expresso. It was very good. (He's picky!)
The 'twins' had ice cream: Tiger and chocolate mint. I had water! The three girls beside us had their faces in their phones,. One of them was on the phone to her university complaining about her marks!


Next stop: Foley Mountain. They have better signage on the machines, now. The actual day-pass cost, $6. (I complained there was no indication!)



Final stop of the day: CC's on the Rideau. It was a bad choice, as they were busy and short cooks. Grampa went home and grabbed some colouring books, while we waited for dinner. It was entertaining, on all accounts. The rental houseboat took two tries to dock!

While watching The Neverending Story (1984), the only problem is that they like to forewarn me of the next plot event! It's terribly funny, sort of. Not really. We talked about why they would show bullying in a story, and Jos said she wasn't sure. I suggested that the story is a lesson in how to manage bullying?
hummingbird moths
"Oh, I get it!"

Wednesday night I took Jose outside after dark, to watch the hummingbird moths.

Bedtime for Gramma!

Babysitting the grandkids July 2016 Days 1 and 2: Monday/Tuesday

8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
OOOOHHHHHH and now I can totally picture the outings!!! Glad that pricing poster got put up! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Cute PPT! Sounds like you've had fun.

Sweet William The Scot said...

A rental houseboat sounds like fun. We love the water. My Scotties have all been able to swim. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Aunty Yam was a delight to meet and I was glad to be able to show her around Cincinnati, Ohio. It was just sad that we only had two and a half days.
Not enough time.
Sweet William The Scot

Olga said...

Summer is such a great time! And it seems to be going so darn quickly.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

And I bet Grandma is sleeping really well these nights -- kids that age are so fun!

Powell River Books said...

Somehow we never lose the teacher in us. And I still have those teaching dreams, do you? - Margy

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds like lots of good times; glad you've got the energy to keep up!

Red said...

Hey , you could baby sit me too. I'd like to see all the things you showed the kids and I really like ice cream.