Sunday 26 July 2015

Book Review: Insights of a Yogi

Insights of a Yogi
I must admit I have put off the review for this book. Since I just read a book about how to change from being a procrastinator to a doer, I figured I should get to it. Whoops...

I very much enjoy yoga. I haven't done it in ages. Prior to my divorce (1993), when I was fearful, trying to find myself and my way, I found that my yoga sessions really centred me. Yoga has been very popular with young and old, fit and not so.

Although she did digress into her personal life history, examining her path, and where and why it led where it did, it wasn't just about yoga. If you life, autobiographies, this is a good read. If you were thiing about dipping your toes into it, this might help. It is a short book, and, at 116 pages, you won't find all you need to know about yoga.

She has excellent resources, as well as an index. I thought it lacked impact, however. It could have been longer, and had much more information, as well as the biographical details she included.
It was a great saga about persevering, sorting out health issues using various strategies.




Yoga for the mind: How the practice goes beyond fitness

Memoir serves as guide to the transformative powers of yoga 

WAMBERAL, Australia – Forced to face her addictions and a paralyzing back injury, yoga instructor Mish Mockovic Martin quickly learned that yoga has a much higher purpose than physical fitness.

Martin’s new guide, “Insights of a Yogi,” chronicles the events that led to her seriously injury and the important life lessons she learned about how yoga heals the mind, body and soul. Readers are introduced to the applications of the practice – including poses, terminology and the body’s seven chakras – and how yoga can improve their lives.

Already a student of yoga, Martin was able to heal the aspects of her life that led to destructive behaviors and ultimately her spinal injury by embracing the yogic philosophy in her day-to-day life. She shares her new book to inspire others to do the same.






Insights of a Yogi” by Mish Mockovic Martin

Paperback, $11.99
e-Book, $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-45252-580-8

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've been wanting to take a yoga class for some time now. I don't know what I am waiting for. All my evangelical friends say "Stay on your Christian guard" when people talk about it. I wonder what they are afraid of.

William Kendall said...

It's not something I'd do, though it makes for a good photo opportunity- I really have to photograph the yoga on the Hill before they stop doing it for the season.