Tuesday 9 June 2015

Canoe ride in the bay

The day before our trip into the city for the biopsy, I thought I would go for a canoe ride.
It was a blustery day, with all sorts of wind in the main body of the lake. I could have made it around the bend, I'm a strong paddler, but there were too many jetskis for me.
It wasn't totally relaxing, but it was lovely. I made a short video, to give you an idea!


canoeing from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
This video is about canoeing
Hubby is recovering today, feeling somewhat sick, with a headache.
Thanks all for asking. The doctor said the biopsy and the videocamera didn't seem to show more cancer other than in his lymph nodes (from the MRI report) so this is pretty good, truthfully.
My dear neighbours let me keep my canoe here. It's a sheltered bay, and no one lives in the section.


One bird, tons of frogs!

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good canoe trip is good for the soul. At least the biopsy had some positive news.

Nancy J said...

Mr J's headache, did they use a contrast dye? this might be it, or a starvation fast beforehand, Love that video, and your hat? I now need to wear one in any tiniest flicker of sunshine.. Found an old pattern yesterday, so now to find some fabric ( somewhere in a box)and interfacing. You are one brave gal,to go out there by yourself, noisy and busy!!

Debbie said...

i enjoyed the video but i think it would be fun-er without the jet ski's. they are a tad noisy!!!

my days are filled with so much noise lately. the house going up on one side and 6 dogs barking all day on the other side. i have not enjoyed having the windows open. today the workers were playing mexican music, so loud...i miss my quiet yard and my singing birds.

good news about hubby, fingers crossed things improve and he feels better!!!!

Christine said...

nice to see a bit of cottage country. Hope hubby stays stable.

Christine said...

Nice to see a bit of cottage country. Hope hubby stays stable.

Gill - That British Woman said...

lovely photos other than the froggies....LOL

Red said...

Good to hear that there's good news on the biopsy. I wish more people could find the pleasure of canoeing.

Powell River Books said...

It looks like a great place to paddle. So many plants and critters to see. Glad the biopsy came back with encouraging news. We've been up at the cabin quite a bit. We have limited Internet, only enough to get email and emergency research, so I'm trying to get caught up on all my friends tonight while we are in town for a meeting. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Good news about the biopsy! And lovely shots of your surrounding area.

Unknown said...

I love the yellow iris and the frogs are so cute.

Kay said...

I do love seeing all the wild creatures that live in pond and lakes. I can't remember seeing a yellow iris before.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Being out on the water was a great great way to get your mind off your worries for a while. Beautiful; love the header shot. So glad things look good after the biopsy.