|$110 fine in Ontario!|
|What a sight!|
- Slow down, adjust your speed in bad weather.
- Leave space between your vehicle and the next. (Even though, yes, people drive into it. It takes 4 - 10 % longer to brake on ice or snow.)
- Look ahead of the car ahead of you. Prepare.
- Even 4-wheel drive doesn't help in some road conditions. Be smart, not arrogant.
- Relax, give yourself enough time to get there, leave early, or prepare to be late.
- Break down your actions: brake gently, then steer smoothly, then finally, accelerate out of the skid.
- Keep your front and rear lights on, it helps those around you.
- Ensure that you can feel the brake properly with your feet, through your footwear.
- Clear off your car. It's a $110 fine in Ontario if you do not.
- Plan for the worst: blanket, kitty litter or sand, safety candle, first aid box, extra food, flares.