Wednesday 17 September 2014

Book Review: EMBRACE YOUR MAGNIFICENCE

https://s3.amazonaws.com/netgalley-covers/cover47048-small.png
Get Out of Your Own Way and Live a Richer, Fuller, More Abundant Life
by FABIENNE FREDRICKSON

Here is an interesting read. Definitely a self-help book. The author has moved from doing private counselling, to doing group counselling. Originally imagined as a letter and words of advice to her daughter, Frederickson has taken the lessons she has learned as a successful businesswoman to shaping her life and her career. This is her way of keeping a hand in helping individuals.

She has words of wisdom for us, in terms of listening to that inner voice, taking responsibility for our lives, growing from our experiences,  and moving from mistakes to life lessons, self- healing and self-love. I can certainly identify with her. In my young adulthood I had a deadly fear of failure and a low sense of self-esteem. I made many mistakes, based in those fears.
In the waiting room!

I, as much as the author, had to gradually move from these fears into taking risks. She does compel us to identify and confirm our goals, and while it was a good read for those entering adulthood, or those seeking a career change, I felt as if my small goals, hopes and life path might be underwhelming. I am content in my early retirement, and learning not to suffer from a whole day in which to putter on small tasks, gardening, photography, following flora and fauna. I did feel as if I was underachieving, yet one has to realize that in our middle years our life's purpose may be small and mighty, and perfect for us. I seek to do a small, manageable amount of hospice volunteering, while managing my husband's healthcare, our home and our 16 acres. This contents me, as much as the author is happier achieving much business success. It is an interesting book.



Best-selling author, mentor, international speaker and founder of the world-renowned Client Attraction Business School, Fabienne Fredrickson has helped thousands upon thousands of women to transform their lives. In this extremely brave and revealing book, Fabienne takes us on a personal journey from the depths of feeling “less than” and “not good enough” to the highs of living and sustaining a magnificent life. What began as a love letter to her daughter Claire has become Fabienne Fredrickson’s message of courage and love to women everywhere that “you are a magnificent being, truly deserving of a rich and abundant life.”

Embrace Your Magnificence will empower you to get out of your own way, move beyond fear and resistance, embrace your magnificence and begin living a richer, fuller, more abundant life.

4 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I have not read self-help books in a very long time – I have too many history and travel books to go through right now. You have 16 acres! My, that is a large piece of land that certainly keeps you busy.

Nancy J said...

Jennifer, you definitely are not an " underachiever" with all you do, the wee girls, husband, 16 acres, wood stacking, blogging, volunteering, and so much more.And for any girl or guy, over 60 or so, why should we have to have a list every day, and make sure it is all ticked off at the end? I do not fret if in any day I seem to have done not much at all, not one finished project to show, small things can be as satisfying. I must see if our library has or can find that book, and to think it all started from maybe a letter idea. Have a wonderful day, some time for you, Hugs. Jean.

Christine said...

interesting to read your review!

William Kendall said...

Thank you for pointing this one out.