Thursday 31 January 2013

The 1% is getting a TV show on Zoomer's Vision TV!

I cannot believe it! Obviously, Moses Znaimer, one of the 1%, isn't in touch with the rest of us in the 99%, who become angry with people like Conrad Black, who look down on the rest of us.

Black (68 years old), who returned to Toronto last year after serving time in a U.S. prison for fraud and obstruction of justice, will co-host a weekly talk show with former MuchMusic personality Denise Donlon.
The show, produced by Zoomer Media – a company owned by former CHUM president Moses Znaimer – is being pitched to buyers from around the world attending the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) conference in Miami Beach this week.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Conrad Black to co-host weekly talk show 

Not only did we witness videos of him removing evidence of his crimes, but his crimes were committed in his role as the owner, the 1%, of media company Hollinger International. This company owned daily newspapers like The Daily Telegraph, Chicago Sun Times and Canada’s National Post.


I have written about the conglomeration, this lobby group that includes Znaimer's media groups.
They purport to be speaking for those of us over age 45, but rarely do they feature those who make up the 99%!

Winter_Keaton_TwitterNow, I subscribe to Zoomer magazine. I liked it because they feature real people, my age, with unretouched photos of people who don't hide their signs of age. But they do focus on those with money, power and influence, Znaimer's peers and peerage. Moses Znaimer head this group. He is another of the 1% who doesn't seem to understand the rest of us. A large number of this 1% live in Rosedale, in inner city Toronto, including Conrad Black. We used to drive through this amazing community, with huge mansions, trees, several ravines, and average house prices of $1 million, average income of over $200,000 per year.

Unfortunately, CARP is connected to AARP, American Association of Retired Persons. Both being lobby groups. CARP is featured in Zoomer Magazine. I will be phoning Zoomer Magazine to cancel my subscription. They ride the bandwagon, capturing headlines, claiming to speak for us retirees. They gain headlines by featuring extreme issues, such as Elder Abuse, without making real change, nor including real information and data. Most seniors, especially the ones they feature, live in luxury, and live good lives. They do nothing for those who live and die in ill-health and poverty.


Kay L. Davies said...

I've never seen a Zoomer magazine, Jenn, and now I'm glad of it. Brava for canceling your subscription. They don't deserve your money.
I wouldn't enjoy dying in poverty, but I will most certainly die in, or of, ill-health.
I was being facetious there, so please don't get me wrong, my friend. I'm very proud of you for having the courage of your convictions. Since I started reading your blog I've always been impressed with your attitude toward life and people.
I completely understand you getting emotional about a magazine that would hire Conrad Black to do anything except, perhaps, deliver or sell the magazines door-to-door. He should be treated just like any ex-con, but he won't be. That's just the way the world is, especially these days when Big Business gets all the breaks, and Granny gets none.
Luv, K

Red said...

I was disappointed last year when the Occupy Movement dried up and blew away. The 1 % is still and issue and someday has to be dealt with. I guess it will take more action than the Occupy Movement. We also have to start supporting different political parties.