Sunday 7 August 2011

Cottage Life - sure has changed

It's the best. We scrimped and saved to buy land, and spend time in Muskoka in the 60's. Then land could be had for $2000.

I was mother's helper on an island near Parry Sound. The ANDRAS family hold a group of islands, kept in the family. These kids are now adults. Sigh.


Pretending to leap into Georgian Bay

Jenny the dog

Me and friends, and my brother
Gotta love the glasses: Algonquin Park.
My baby looking at a frog
My brother and I loved catching bullfrogs
Veggie garden by the shore

Our old wooden boat, thanks to the Scythes family

1 comment:

Powell River Books said...

Times change quickly. We got our cabin for $35,000 in 2001 and they are now going for $100,000 for the same type. You don't get any land either. We feel so lucky that we found our home when we did. - Margy