Saturday 14 May 2011

Tree frogs are singing Hummingbirds winging

I did much research on the brain and learning. The brain is trained to respond to simple cues.
 Food, Flight or Fight, and, um, mating
Nature spawns an interest in the four 'F's

With the trees gently unfolding their leaves, rain washing over the garden and filling the ponds, it is a glorious time of year, despite the mosquitoes who now fill the air!

The birds bob across the lawn,
robins picking up bugs
hiding amongst grass, clover, and weeds

songs of the frogs
punctuate the day
humming birds a harmony
adds to the mellifluous cacophony

crows waddle through the dead vegetation
throwing leaf aside to find food
warning red-winged blackbirds to keep a distance

dandelions dot the broad expanse
yellow beacons to bugs
smiling up at the sun
like a fantastic painting
encouraging the season.





8 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You made me laugh today, very clever on the 4F's

Olga said...

I recognize all the birds and flowers. Very much what we are viewing here.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love all your frogs and their sounds. The second video says it's private so I guess I don't get to see the hummingbird!

Kate said...

There are so few hummingbirds around here, but I should try a way to cultivate them. Your photos inspire me!

Jenn Jilks said...

Dang it, EG. The 'private' setting is the default. I keep forgetting. I reset it!
It's not my line, Yogi! But I do use it. It came from all the Brain Research I did when I was teaching. I forget who said it.
Glad you recognize them, Olga.
Thanks, Kate!

Powell River Books said...

They sure are vocal! Our bullfrogs aren't anywhere near that. - Margy

You can never take too many pictures said...

Oh How I Love all the frog's spring calls, but the tree frog is so unique!!!!! First time I actualy seen one, so Thanks so much for sharing that video clip!!!!! We don't hear many frogs here in the village but out at the trailer it is so magical!!!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous critter videos!

Please come and say hi to Wubzy, have a nice weekend!