Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

My late mom and dad, 1945
What a delightful escape. A virtual trip to escape reality, the election, healthcare issues. And we didn't have to pay too much for it!

The pageantry was amazing. Nary a hitch. A fairy tale fit for a princess. And the fascinators. Even the little boys who got up early loved the uniforms. Nice to see the men all dressed up, swords belted firmly.

The wedding guests varied from traditional hats, to modern hats and gowns. Guests from all around the world.

2002 wedding by the lake
I pulled out my wedding photos, and my daughter's wedding photos, and we will reminisce about those affairs! We have some 2nd hand hats, dress ups, and my late mother's wedding gown to view. We will watch the ceremony tonight, over a glass of wine, and enjoy it.

Traditions are a thing of the past. If you don't honour the past, and understand where you have come from, you will not understand the present and have a vision for the future.

The ladies fascinators are a visible demonstration of the British sense of humour. They take life seriously but take themselves with a sense of humour.
I wore my wedding dress again!

With a loved one running for office, it was a sensible moment to take a break and time off.



Many in the US and Canada have suffered from this latest storm, but this is a brief moment to reflect, to breath deeply, and sigh at the sheer joy of 1 million Brits cheering happily for their Royal Family!

5 comments:

Kay said...

I did have such a lovely time watching the wedding from 10 PM until 2 AM last night, when I just couldn't keep my eye lids up anymore. In fact, I don't think I'm awake right now. It truly was a lovely wedding... every bit of it. Perfect. I love your wedding photos, too!

Olga said...

I am planning to watch tonight. The glass of wine sounds appealing, too.

Red said...

Great that you jopined in the celebration of the roral wedding and had some good fun and remeniscing.

W.C.Camp said...

Really glad you enjoyed it. It was on quite early in the AM so I have to admit I slept. Looks like everything went off without a hitch!! HOOORAY!!!
W.C.C.

Carolyn said...

Coverage STARTED at 2 a.m. here! We had a power outage at 9:30 p.m....left the TV on and the bedroom light on and as if on cue the power was restored at 1:45 a.m. just in time for the "show" to begin. Great fun with a bottle of Remy Martin and a warm fire and you couldn't help and remember 30 years ago or feel for Prince William.
Have a great weekend Jenn.
Smiles