Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tripping in Merrickville

It was a busy road. This person passed us, on a curve, and turned off the road just around the turn.

Is it me, or are people in too much of a hurry?!

Other than an accident (not us!) we loved taking a stroll along the familiar streets. With an ambulance involved, it was a bit chaotic. We ended up turning as the traffic coming onto the road backed up in front of us.

I love the anti-idling campaigns many small town have initiated.
Some people are having Staycations. I like that idea. We just do inexpensive day trips. We even found a 1st birthday present for our granddaughter.






What a delightful town!

2 comments:

Lorac said...

It is a pretty little town and looks like you had a great days outing. I tend to go on day trips too! They are lots of fun.

Kay said...

I think Staycations are a wonderful idea, especially with the rising fuel costs! In Hawaii, it's costing more to even fly to a neighboring island.