Thursday 20 January 2011

Quick, pull over, huge penguin

skywatch
Skywatch Friday


You may have missed my 'huge penguin' story.

Basically, it is our family joke/cue to pick up the camera as there is a photo-op. Here is a summary... I was driving the car, JB's back was bothering him.

I yelled at him, "Quick! Take a picture!" at one point. He simply sat there. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. He sat in contemplation.
As is his way, he was trying to process what he had heard.
He thought he heard me say, "Look. A huge penguin!"
From then on, all I had to say was, 'penguin' and he'd lift the camera. It was a great cue and I laughed so hard I was crying.

When we pull out of our driveway, we have ten seconds to gut up to speed before someone plows into our rear end. I took a drive south to pop into the store the other day, hoping to avoid problems. Along the way I had to stop for a photo.

Driving alone, I pulled over. The cars truly speed on the highway, screaming around me.

Very important people needing to get to very important places!
Not a bad shot! I had eyed it on my way south and grabbed it on my way back north.
Just to make you laugh, I forgot the 3rd thing I was to pick up (milk), but remembered wine and football-watching snack for hubby.

As I arrived home, I had a welcoming crew. They didn't bat an eyelash.

None of them had done anything about the remaining snow on the driveway. JB having done dishes, shovelled the first 6" of snow...he earned his R & R time.

Of course, it is the wolf who uses it the most. I spot its tracks, too.

Good old Oliver was very happy in the in box. We have three (4?) cat beds, including one in his bedroom.

Why he was in the in box? I suppose because the sun was shining in the front door.

A lovely day.

3 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Cute story of the camera cue, I really like your doe header.

Unknown said...

i love the story...and it sounds like a fine day, indeed. handsome Oliver--what a lovely picture you make.

Together Time 4 Families said...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for stopping by at my blog and hope you find some ideas there that you can use. Glad my son-in-law, Greg, mentioned my blog to you. Love your deer photos; I have a posting with pictures of the deer in my yard splurging on a newly filled squirrel proof (but not deer proof ) bird feeder! Oliver is so regal looking! - is he a maine coon cat? Looks just like our cat, Blackie, who passed away last March....miss him dearly.
Love your blog and the entries you write. I wll return.
Susan