Sunday 12 September 2010

time to to put 'em to bed!


Saying goodbye to my lake, I nearly stepped on a wee leopard frog hopping out of the way. It took two tries to catch it. I had forgotten than you approach slowly, put your hand slowly in front of it and then grab it quickly. My hands were clean and I practice the catch and release program!

It had a little story to tell me. You have to listen carefully.
It was tricky holding it in my right hand, while videotaping with my left, but I did it!




4 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That's a gorgeous frog Jenn! I enjoyed the video of your catch and release" program too!! I could hear it talking.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've never been able to get a frog to talk to me. Great job.

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't it cute, Sallie? I thought I might catch a last frog before moving...I know I have frogs where we are going, but this one I showed to my granddaughter. We had a blast NOT catching it...both of us having too much fun.

He's not my prince, Yogi, as I married one. But who knows!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Best wishes for your forthcoming move Jenn.