Saturday 27 March 2010

The quick red fox

I suppose it was quite slow and sleepy. Stopping by the side of the road (Highway 518- near Sprucedale, McMurrich/Monteith, ON), it waited for us.


I had an iPhoto malfunction, and despite having the time to take close-ups, and change the regular lens for the zoom, plus starting up my camcorder, while Mr./Ms Fox sat there, I apparently lost all my photos.

Mind you, having taken 200 photos in a hour and a half drive...it was excessive, but my computer wasn't happy!

These are screen shots from my video. Pretty poor quality, but better than nothing!

Many critters are around, remember to watch for them on the highways and slow down!


Horse grazing in Gravenhurst.
The mergansers are back, swimming in open lake water.
Camera CrittersWe had a terrific drive north. Some snow left, but it is disappearing quickly.

For more Camera Critters, click on the badge meme!

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I want one!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!

Here's MINE --White Winged Dove sittin' in a tree C O O I N G!!
[scroll down a bit in my Saturday post]

Hootin Anni said...

PS...thanks again for the copyright info...I've emailed the cartoon's author for permission of use.

Grizz………… said...

That fox looks a bit out of it. I love your "This Bud's for You" shot. Still have a few tiny patches of snow from yesterday…but the temp is in the 40s so even that will be soon gone.

Snap said...

Love the fox ... such interesting looking critters! They do look like they are up to something! :D

Jingle said...

sneaky and witty fox,
such a rare treat today,
love the photo on top,
so very cool!

Happy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Looks like she's deciding whether or not to cross the line.

It's good to see a fox every now and then.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I loved the movie of the fox. Valerie

EG CameraGirl said...

What fun to capture the fox with your lens!

Judy said...

Again, my favourite is the reflection of the trees in the little pond! Are you beginning to sense a pattern here?
I wonder why the reflection of the sky is always darker than the real sky?

Cloudia said...

Foxy post!

Aloha from Hawaii my Friend, Jenn


Comfort Spiral

LadyFi said...

Love the shots of that shy fox!

Hootin Anni said...

I posted about the copyright permission to use the comic strip this morning. I got an 'okay' from the author.

Thanks again.

i beati said...

I always love your journeys in pictures of your beautiful land and its inhabitants..sandy