Saturday 20 February 2010

Mommy, I swallowed a dime!

Camera CrittersIf you have ever done this, swallowed a coin, you have to remember the result of this statement...

I distinctly remember that day. I think my mother phoned someone to ask about it. But I don't remember.

"These things pass in time!"

So they say.  Well, my handsome dauphin, Oliver, got into trouble.You know the plastic/absorbent pad they put under meat on top of the styrofoam?  (And, yes, I cook better with red wine in me, not on the meat!)

You can see the child's guard on the door handle. It doesn't work if you don't use it!

Oliver loves to visit the garbage can, just in case Mommy leaves him something good in there. Waste not, want not. Poor Oliver is pretty bored indoors watching squirrels frolic in melting snow.

Mitz is here for moral support.

One can hear the telltale click of the cupboard as he lets the door close. He likes to explore all of the cupboards in the house, including the bathroom.

My curtain climber is a cupboard climber, too. Mitzie likes to cheer him on; then pretend to be guiltless.
Well, he managed to dig it out. This silly pad. I figured, after I spotted the evidence, that it would 'pass in time'.

Afterwards, Ollie simply goes to the food dish. 



Like his wild canine forest non-relatives, who go from tree to tree, looking for mice, they have a set pattern every day. I should be smarter!

I love visiting the forest, with the signs of the wolf, checking out the base of trees for mice.

I captured evidence of the mice.

And the wolf.

They explore the base of each tree in the wee hours of the morning or dusk, avoiding the snowmobiles.

Our big snowshoe trip yesterday, in the deep forest,  was exhilarating.

It made me feel like an athlete, too! After chopping some wood I was ready to go back to the couch, guilt-free! See my walking stick from Arowhon!

12 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Neat capture of the sneaky kitties. Loved the track shots and you resting.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Haha... My Mika waits for somebody else to open a cupboard door and then he rushes in! I don't know if he hasn't worked out how to open them himself of if he's just too lazy to bother!

A great set of photos :)

eileeninmd said...

Great sets of photos, love the shot of you resting.

LeAnn said...

That is funny about your cats!!! It was fun reading ll you wrote and the pictures to go with it all. ~

EJ said...

lovely shots!

My Camera Critters, happy weekend.

Misty DawnS said...

You really have wolves near you? How AWESOME! Did everything pass in time?

Dianne said...

I love the kitty adventures!
and the snow tracks
and of course you resting after it all

Jenn Jilks said...

¶ Thanks, Fishin' Guy! A grand time had by all, indoors and out!
¶ Nikki-ann, I'm glad he's not the only cupboard cat!
¶ I was wiped, Eileen!
¶ Not sure, Misty, he didn't eat it all, and I found some in the back room. Oiy!
¶ It's true, Dianne, I needed a rest after my trek into the forest! Middle age rears its ugly head!
¶ Happy w/e, Joops!
¶ Thanks, LeAnn!

Jain said...

Love your smiley pic!
My big sis reports that I swallowed a dime as a babe and she offered to change my diapers till she found it.

Sara Chapman said...

I sure hope you checked with the vet about that meat pad passing, and that your naughty kitty is fine. Nice snow shots!

Cloudia said...

Very fun post, Jenn



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Heather said...

thanks for the snowy visit. My dog tries to get himself into trouble, but thankfully most of the time he is unsuccessful.