Thursday 11 February 2010

cold times in cottage country

Yes, double-digit negative C. temperatures, but I am not complaining. The frost on the branches delight me.

 

This is the scene that welcomed me to the new day. By the time cats were fed, the sun still low in its winter solstice, I put on my boots and coat (over jammies) to capture the scene.
 

The day before, after visiting my hospice client, I took the long way home and spotted deer up above me on the hill. 
They watched me as I sat in my car. After a moment, they decided that I wasn't so much of a threat as the snowmobiles over yonder.
A friend, in PEI, tells me he saw snowmobilers acting like idiots. 

"Snowmobilers killed a fox her on the Island. Rounded it up, circled it and then ran over it. Hit and killed a dog too. Too many snowmobilers fueled by alcohol."

It is too bad that a few ignorant, drunk louts give those who snowmobile responsibly a bad name. Most are following trails, refraining from alcohol and doing the speed limit. Many volunteers give up time to train and help others. Unless you are part of the solution - you are part of the problem, however.

_Adam Giambrone Withdraws From Mayoral Race Adam Giambrone Withdraws From Mayoral Race With public values and morals being what they are (TTC Chair Adam Giambroni diddling a young woman or two, while living with another, then running for Toronto's mayor's office...) and leaving an electronic trail, they want to get caught.  What was appalling was The Current interviewing Howard Moscoe (retired teacher, politician in Toronto,  friend of Giambroni) who claims that most people have such low morals and participate in cheating on partners. Oh my. He is of that older generation of red-neck politician and male chauvinist, born 1940, 70 years old, of the Old Boys Network of the 'good old days'. I remember female colleagues speaking about these men who went to Toronto for AGMs and my friends had fun, while the men were drinking, and timed the prostitutes coming in and out of the hotel rooms.
I kid you not!

No comments: