Sunday 10 January 2010

Happy New Year Cards

Yes, I am late with cards. That doesn't mean I don't miss my family, and Ottawa friends, but one thing and another got in the way. Many Muskoka artisans are creating stock, like cards,  others are working to inspire us newbies, or preparing for the summer markets and practicing their art. But they are done, the poem is written, and they are ready to be mailed!
The photo is that of the Pileated Woodpecker that has graced my forest.

This cheery poem is here to say
We wish you well in January

Despite my lack of motivation
In contact across this very nation.

Christmas, it seems, has come and gone
And, no, we still cannot see the lawn.
The snow indeed that shut the town
We dug it out: did not slow down.

Yet, still our chores they seem to tell
That time is short with clientelle.
We walk a dog for one who's unable
Hospice care at another's table.

Muskoka time unusually precious
Birds and cats and satellite dishes
Raccoons and squirrels keep us amused
While volunteering to pay back dues.

For cards and gifts, and things like Skype
For phone calls, e-mail and all that type
We feel as close as we can be
With 2010 and technology!

2 comments:

Friko said...

a fun poem, light enough to breach the gloom of winter, descriptive of a happy and helpful neighbourhood and hopeful for a continuation of a productive and contented lifestyle.

Come and dig me out, too, please. We here in the UK just cannot cope with what you consider normal. I'm completely weirded out.

jeannette said...

I'm late with cards too -but I've done the more important things first -spent time with me daughters and their families. Love your header!